Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's time to go to "The Dublin Irish Festival" - near Columbus, Ohio!"

If you love Irish/Celtic music, food, outdoor festivals, and LOADS of good times, you MUST go to the Dublin Irish Festival!

What a wonderful treat it will be for you and your family! For myself, I love to hit each of the stages and listen to the music, sip on a cold one, and have some good Irish food! Each of the booths have something special to offer, too, and one of my favorite vendors/teachers/artists is none other than Michael Vignoles.

Michael plays (and makes!) some of the most beautiful set of Irish pipes I've ever seen, and he's also such a wonderful person. I first met him at the Dublin Irish Festival, near Columbus, Ohio back about five or six years ago. Now, I make it a point to stop by his booth every year that I go, but I have missed the last two years. Michael has been so very kind and helpful to me, when I needed to have my chanter re-adjusted. My chanter is part of a very old "full set of pipes" that we've had in our family for years. He didn't make this set, but that didn't stop him from helping me and giving me all kinds of tips as to what I could do. Also, his bodhran skills are just as impressive as his piping skills. I could listen to Michael play forever, so, I bought one of his CDs! If you are in the Columbus, Ohio area, you owe it to yourself to stop by to see Michael and hear him perform.

The good food, the good drinks, the beautiful (and rockin'!) music, the dancing... all of it is a little slice of heaven! To get a peek into the Dublin Irish Festival (video) click here!

For more about Michael's work: meet the man and his music, visit his MySpace site Michael Vignoles or this video click here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home