Thursday, November 02, 2006

Who in the HELL would buy meat off of the back of a truck with a door-to-door "whatever"?

I mean, really! What IS that stuff, anyway? It COULD be prime Grade-A Choice American Beef (or pork, chicken, lamb, goose, etc), or it could be roadkill, or God knows what else. Maybe it's someone's Uncle Benny, for all I know!

Who in their right mind WOULD buy this stuff? How do you know if the "product" IS what it says it is, or if it has actually been cleaned, prepared, or stored properly? Has the appropriate temperature been properly AND consistently maintained?

Come on, I am NOT going to buy my filet mignon off of the back of an old Dodge! Even further, how do you know if "this stuff" comes from DISEASED animals, or animals from an experimental research facility, or what if it's "only" been STOLEN from some poor farmer's livestock? How DO we, as consumers, "know"? I mean, even when we DO have regulations and inspections on food produce, etc, we STILL can end up with salmonella or e coli from recognized food distributors? There were at least 174 documented cases, nationwide, this past week! I sure as hell ain't gonna buy none from any dude who just hopped out of a truck (with, apparently, no license -- and yes, I did call the cops)!

I just ain't a'gonna buy anything that I have not personally checked out with the USDA -- and even then -- I am still skeptical. I told those dudes to get the hell off of my property and to never come back.

Gosh, Garnes, ya kinda cranky?

Hell yes. Although I do admire an enterprenurial spirit, I will not take any chances on this "stuff" -- no matter "how good the buy" may appear. "You get what you pay for" my momma always told me... well, that might be so, but I would also like to know that what I AM getting -- is in fact what I THINK I'm getting.

PS: Yes, I am quite well aware of my non-standard English and colorful language, and sure, I know better, but I am mad as hell, and that's just the way I wanted to say it.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled porterhouse, medium-rare, please... and I never got it off the back of no damned truck! I could just see the greedy glint in that poor SOB's eyes because we have our charcoal smoker all fired up (this dude thought had found himself a "live one").

He sure as hell did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home